Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sewing progress


This is my design wall as of today. I have a few projects in the works. The Red and Aqua blocks are from a swap I did over on Jane's blog. They look a little wild and crazy to me when I lay them out. I am thinking of appliquéing Emily's name very large on the front of the whole quilt. This way the blocks will look like more of a background and not just everywhere. Th small block in the top right corner is a scrap quilt I am making for our guest bed. The plan is to make two scrap quilts for the daybed/trundle but I have not decided if I am going to use the same pattern for both. On the far left is a semi truck block that I paper pieced from Paper Panache. It was a mystery block. I love how it turned out! I am going to use it in something very special.

 Across the top you will see the $5 quilt blocks that I am making from my local quilt shop.

Here was the block from last month. I am sorry it took me so long to get it posted. I am using Thangles for all of my half square triangles. The only frustration with this is that it takes just a little more fabric than she gives us in our kit each month. So I had to purchase the oops kit the first month. So I have an extra 10 inch square of all the fabrics in the quilt along with a half yard of backing. I woulf much rather purchase the oops kit then have to draw all those lines.

Here is the block for this month. It took quite a bit of time. I worked on it off and on for two days. The fact that it does not have to be done until Saturday and that I am already done is an accomplishment. I usually wait until the night before.

1 comment:

  1. You always do such great quilt piecing!
    btw I love the photo at the top of this page

    ReplyDelete