Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What I have been doing

March was a busy month. We got a lot done this past month. We started finishing up a lot of our UFO (Unfinished Fabric Objects)  projects. My mom and I make a great team. One of us will sew and the other will press and cut. We can get a lot of work done in a little time. I also have had a friend loading quilts for me in my long arm. I have been able to get a lot more quilts done having the extra help. Most of the quilts we have been loading are ones for customers. The quilts mom and I have been finishing are piling up. I will post pictures of them once they have their binding on them.

Here is my March $5 quilt block. Pretty in pink don't you think? 


              Do you remember the I spy Swap I took part in back in February? When I got my blocks back I decided to have a friend use her accu cut and cut out tumbler blocks for me.

Here they are. I really like the fabrics everyone used. I can't wait to put them altogether along with some other  fun kid print tumblers I have. I think this will make a great quilt for the car. 

I have had a lot of fun reading other peoples blogs and finding some great patterns. I recently came across a pattern for a cute little bag that is a girls face. The mouth on the girl is where the zipper is. I made one of these for my brothers exchange student. It came out so cute. 
Doesn't she look cute. I think she looks very innocent here.

Wouldn't it be great whenever we opened our mouth money came out. If you would like to make one of these great little coin purses you can find the tutorial on Lia's Space. She has some real fun tutorials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment