Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hard Candy Quilt

This is my newest pattern. I taught this quilt for the first time as a mystery earlier this year. I was so pleased with the results. This quilt is made from one jelly roll and 2 1/2 yards of background. You have enough strips left over to complete the binding as well. I get frustrated when I pick up a precut pattern and they want me to have various amounts of multiple fabrics. I want someone to be able to pick up my pattern along with a jelly roll and background fabric and be able to make a beautiful quilt.
Roger did the quilting on this one. I love how he did circles on this very square quilt. I think it added a whole other element to the quilt. He has an amazing eye for things. I am always so surprised at what he comes up with. 
This is a view of the back so you can have a better idea of how the circles look.  I hope to have the pattern in my etsy shop before the end of the year. 

1 comment: