Monday, February 8, 2010

ILY Quilt (I Love You)

My mom and I made a very special quilt recently. My cousins teenage daughter was severely injured in a car accident the day before Thanksgiving. She suffered some severe head trauma. A lot of her family and friends did different things to reach our to them and show their support. What does a quilter do? She makes a quilt. We used the tossed nine patch pattern from Eleanor Burns to make this quilt.
This picture does not do this quilt justice. It looks like a brand new piece of candy. All bright and fresh. I used one charm pack along with two other small cuts of fabric.
I free motion quilted this quilt but wrote ILY all over it as well. I really like how it came out.
I used my leftover blocks on the back. I really like this look and how it ties it together. This is one of the few quilts I have made that the front and the back of the quilt match. You can kind of see in this photo th binding. It is a cute heart print my friend Joanna gave me that when I put it on the hearts are in a straight row all the way around the quilt.
Here is a picture of the label. I printed this one off on my printer this time instead of hand writing it. There was a lot to write and I wanted it to look real nice.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt! I love how you tied the back to the front like a sneak peek of what you will see on the front.

    ReplyDelete